plans on ebay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selly

Established Member
Reaction score
Are those plans you can get on cd or emailed from ebay any good?

Are they good enough to be able to follow them to make things from are are they just lifted from free areas of the net?

As a beginner i want to read some more plans to get a handle on things -worth the admittedly low cost?

Beware of what you are getting, I bought one advertised in a magazine, and all it contained was a load of links to plans on the web. Some free, some not, and a lot just broken links. The CD originated in the US, and I never got a reply to my complaint with the vendor. Lucky I was only out about £7.50p.

What is you're wanting to make selly?

That's what these forums are all about - if you've a specific project in mind and not quite sure on the design and how to do it - just ask. I for one, and I'm sure there's plenty of others am willing to help out.

As for plans off the internet, though not having actually seen them myself, I'd guess they were all very US biased, in terms of phraseology, tools, fittings and materials.

pm/email if you like.

Chris.

I saw link from someone who appeared briefly on here a few months ago to a site advertising countless thousands of plans for a few quid. I paid the few quid, received the link and downloaded it.

It was the biggest load of rubbish I've ever seen and most of the 'plans' were just links to sites with plans on, half of which didn't even work.

If the thing you have seen on Ebay sounds anything like this then I'd say stay well away. Granted it was only a few quid but it wasn't even worth that.

Cheers
Mike

There are some sites with links to reasonable free plans around. I've got a couple bookmarked at home if you want the links. It takes time & effort to find what you're looking for (sometimes you won't). I suspect you might just end up with a CD full of similar content.

I don't think I've ever used somebody else's plan straight off the page - having always modified them to suit space available or materials available - or just used them as inspiration, but then I enjoy the 'design' process as much as construction.

I also purchased one of these of ebay (only for a 99p though) and it was utter tosh. Most of the plans were poorly done sketches in a cheap paint program with illiterate descriptions. I would advice either buying quality plans from something like New Yankee, or seek out some good back issues of magazines (you can find loads on ebay) or browse through the projects on this forum, i'm sure most members would be happy to help you with the finer details.

When I started my workshop build, I got virtually all my design done from the feedback and good work of the people on this forum. Its an invaluable source!

Back