Plans for the weekend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmab9

Established Member
Reaction score
What plans have you got for the weekend,Mine is finish heightening the fence with bamboo to stop next doors cat from pooping and peeing in our garden , then hope to start making the new garden arch,If I have time might do a bit of power carving

so what you all up to ?

I've got 4 oak trees, about 12 inches in diameter, already cut into 18 inch lengths, and ready for the log splitter. The wife loves to run the splitter to make firewood. All I have to do is keep the logs coming, and she'll split and stack all day. Just about dark, we'll have a fire in the outdoor pit, and have a few beers. A perfect Autumn Evening for me. Sunday will be spent mowing the grass, hopefully for the last time this season, and piddling around in the garden, closing it down for Winter.

Shift Work all weekend.

BUT... I start a new job in a few weeks ... Mon-Fri office hours. Finally get my weekends back. And just in time for Pike Season.

Lovely.

doorframe":akqnnm5l said:
Shift Work all weekend.

BUT... I start a new job in a few weeks ... Mon-Fri office hours. Finally get my weekends back. And just in time for Pike Season.

Lovely.
good luck with the new job

I'm going to a Motown dance tomorrow night in aid of prostate cancer. Then a 12m walk on Sunday.
For the rest of the weekend I'm going to be a potato on my new sofa. Until today, I've spent the last year-and-a-bit sitting in my office chair. I didn't have room to keep the nice (for which read expensive) sofas that were recently recovered (at more considerable expense) not long before. It's a comfortable office chair, but a choice is nice. Such luxury - wonderful.
S

Imortant golf match. Seniors team (of which I am captain) v the Clubs 'Young Guns' 18 players in each team playing pairs match play. Loosers pay for fish and chip lunch (I cannot remember the last time the Seniors won!)

0800hrs tee off Sat.

Hampered by bandaged thumb owing to complacency when using circular saw bench. Cannot tie shoe laces and certain difficulties involving toilet paper. Golfing colleagues seem prepared to assist with former problem but not the latter!

Fitting a kitchen, did a day and a half over the last weekend - hope to get bulk of it done by this sunday evening and just have one day on it next weekend. Having said that I might have to correct some work done by some iffy builders, I hope not really - need a day off :(

Flat Hunting this morning.

Our archery club has a Open Day/Have a Go session which I'm bringing a couple of friends to.

Plus it is my old mans 57th Birthday celebration so we will be off to the nearest decent pub with family in tow.

Update on golf match. My Seniors team lost 8 matches to 1. According to the throphy we have now lost 7 years in a row! This was however was the biggest reversals anyone could remember.
It cost each of us £10.00 to pay for the fish and chips. Lost my own match 2 and one having been 1up for much of the match. Played against a 10 handicapper who brought his 'A' game and proceeded to hit the ball a mile (straight to boot) and 'chipped in' at will. He played more like someone off 6 or 7.
Met a fellow woodworker ,playing for the opposition, also nursing a damaged thumb from a similar circular saw accident a couple of weeks earlier than mine. Wait until next year!!!!

We got a pretty good start on the firewood. Spent about 4 hours on it yesterday. Glorious weather. Finally got a bit of rain last week, after a dry, hot summer. No sign of Winter yet, or even Autumn. We had one light frost, 3 weeks ago, and it hasn't been below 40 degrees Farenheit since. Temperature got up to the middle eighties today.I'll try to attach some pictures. Two or three more Saturdays like that, and we'll have enough wood for the Winter.

Attachments

• 1-The pile.jpg
    1-The pile.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 2-Ready to start.jpg
    2-Ready to start.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 4-Stacked.jpg
    4-Stacked.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 5-Marigolds.jpg
    5-Marigolds.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 1,040
Looks like everyones been busy.

Kitchen wise, bit slow this weekend to be fair. Was waiting for parts/supplys - then some were wrong (ffs!!), finaly got the corner fillets that I needed last weekend #-o . Ripped out some plumbing I wasnt happy with and re-done it, helped my friend do a couple of things he was struggling with so a fair bit of messing around really putting me back prolly 6 hours. Back to the real job tomorrow...

mmab9":lhdzok2s said:
What plans have you got for the weekend,Mine is finish heightening the fence with bamboo to stop next doors cat from pooping and peeing in our garden , then hope to start making the new garden arch,If I have time might do a bit of power carving

so what you all up to ?
well got the fence done but got a new cat deterant
We went to the dog pound and found a dog staffie x whippet 2 years old

doorframe":h622omes said:
Shift Work all weekend.

Lovely.
Well DF,

I agree, but I always found the 'back-end' (Jan-Feb) the best for Pike Fishing. But then it's been so long now, the close-season could have been changed!

Tight Lines :D

woodman2":12lkdbbl said:
Played against a 10 handicapper .......... He played more like someone off 6 or 7.

There`s always 1 bandit........ thing is like nutters on the bus, I always seemed to get drawn with them :evil:

Looking forward to this weekend, I'm doing the Original Mountain Marathon, which is a 12 mile run on Saturday all whilst carrying the tent, sleeping bag, food etc, then you camp out on Saturday night and then another 12 mile run on Sunday morning.

Then I'll be back to the grind of lots and lots of DIY while I finish doing up my house.

Back