Planes and Pau Rosa

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Been a busy boy recently on the plane front. And Pau Rosa is a very popular timber.
mike%20riley%20smoother%202.jpg

First one is a coffin smoother. 55 degree pitch, 50mm wide 3mm thick O1 iron.
Next up a baby smoother....
babies.jpg

It's sat next to one in Goncalo Alves - pretty little pair!
And finally.....
toted.jpg

A toted smoother. 50 degree pitch, 50mm wide iron.

Hope you like,
Philly :D

getting better philly :lol: :twisted:

like the tote one. is the handle an add on or part of the whole body???

luverly colours 8)

paul :wink:

Very nice Philly, especially like the last one, seems odd, to me, to see a wooden plane with that type of handle, but I like it.

Dom

Hi, philly

Nice plane mate, loverly wood, whats it like to work?
Can I ask why no chamfers on the front of the first one?

Pete

Paul
Instructions? As much as you need - and of course, you've seen the video? :wink:
Pete
many thanks - the wood was quite brittle and very hard. But once polished up it was well worth it :D
There are fine chamfers on the front - just doesn't seem it in the photo.
Cheers

Beautiful Phil, really beautiful

I was lucky enough to try 3 of Philly's latest creations in Waka's workshop on Saturday and the toted smoother with 50 degree pitch is unbelievable!! Beautiful, feels just right in the hand and cuts as well as any plane I have ever used - including LN, LV and Norris!!! A masterpiece.

I've actually taken the plunge and ordered a Philly plane. For money :shock:

Very nice looking planes (agin :) ) I bet the perform as they look! Soon everyone wants to own an original PJE!

Great work there Philly, you are not thinking ahead for an after sales market in new blades by the look of the one supplied in the first picture though.

engineer one":12jxr0bh said:
yes there does seem to be a lot of sharpening allowed there

presumably that one is for you :twisted: :roll:

paul :wink:
hah hah :lol:
Actually, that particular iron has been lapped on a friendly engineers super duper lapping machine. I thought the new owner wouldn't mind "a little extra", especially as he would never have to flatten the back. :D
Cheers

www.phillyplanes.co.uk

grasshopper,

did'nt you get a krenov plane a while back? maybe you should ship one of your beuties over to him the student has become the master... :roll:

Philly

Those planes are really super. Really. I am sure that most dedicated pros would be happy to call them their work. Thinking of giving up the day job?

Regards from Perth

Derek

Back