Planer blade sharpning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beardo16

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Does anyone know where i can send my planer blades off to get sharpened? I can either send by post or can take direct anywhere in leicester or near Kegworth>

Many thanks

I use the Saw Point in Lincoln. Live about 40 miles from there but they collect on a Friday and bring them back the following Friday. They do different areas on different days and may well collect in your area as it's not that far from you. They also offer a postal service and would be worth a call if you don't find anywhere more local. They do a good job and are reasonably priced.

http://www.thesaw-point.co.uk/

If you do a google search there are plenty of easy to make home made jigs then sharpen your own. I rotate 2 sets of blades so am never without a sharp set.
Regards
John

Google Oswald Cox, Leicester.

They do collect & deliver but I don't know if they go as far as Kegworth.

a3AMkQ7.jpg

I have a jig like that, but made in a much safer way!

Pete

Thanks for that. I've been looking for some time. Quick call to Tewkesbury quoted above (01684 293092), good price. They send the bill once they have received the item. I'm sending 2x 5" planer blades at £3.51 each, plus post.

Back