piercing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexf

Established Member
Reaction score
I do a fair bit of piercing using a Dremel. Unfortunately this only achieves a speed of 3,000 revs and leaves a lot of cleaning up to do in the pierced holes. I am looking for something which will give me about 10 times that speed. There are a number of dental drills available from China but they will only take a 2.1mm shank on the bits. The dental bits tend to burn the wood. The best bits for piercing are the PCB router bits which have a 3.2mm shank so I am looking for a drill with a flexible shaft which can give me a higher speed.
Proxxon do one which has a speed of 20,000 rpm, but I had a Proxxon long neck angle grinder which burnt out about a month after the guarantee ran out I reading the reviews of this drill it doesn't seem to be any better so I am reluctant to purchase Proxxon again.

Does anyone know any other high speed drills which can do this.

what about a die grinder? I dont have a specific model in mind, but air powered or electrically powered options are available.

alexf":3d4n4v5n said:
I do a fair bit of piercing using a Dremel. Unfortunately this only achieves a speed of 3,000 revs and leaves a lot of cleaning up to do in the pierced holes. I am looking for something which will give me about 10 times that speed. .......
Does anyone know any other high speed drills which can do this.
Many Dremel multi drills have speeds in excess of 30,000rpm eg 100, 200, 3000, 4000, 4200,.
In fact I think my dirt cheap Lidl multi tool goes that fast too.

Back