Penny Farthing Tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the right place but: (mods move please if appropriate)

If anybody should care to accompany the household bank manager on a days shopping in Salisbury I can thoroughly recommend using the Park and Ride system.
£2.00 all day parking and up to six passengers with busses every 10-15mins. (bit different to Swindons £2.00 per passenger)

Leaves a few extra bob in the back pocket for PFT, mind you getting something like a Myford Super 7 back on the bus is a bit difficult. :lol:

Ohh the memories, and temptations, afraid I left a few shoppers who will be a little more careful about which shopping bag they bump into next time :twisted: .

And Salisbury in general? Not visited there for many years and was very impressed with the selection of independent traders and general town layout.

CJH - why didn't you give me a shout - could have dropped in for a brew. Salisbury is a very pleasant city...I have indicated to SWIMBO that I wouldn't mind having a place round by the cathedral :lol:...... (fell on stoney ground :cry: ). Very good place to inflict some damage on the plastic and I always call into PFT when I'm in town. This is one of the best 2nd hand tool shops you'll come across and they do stock a limited range of new kit, mainly by Crown
Park and Ride is a good deal, 'specially if there's a lot of people. Did you see the 'new medieval' building in the city centre - very impressive

woodbloke":31vtynwh said:
...snip..Did you see the 'new medieval' building in the city centre - very impressive

Yes, I should think whoever had the job of restoring that had one or two headaches.

I have already been informed that WE are going again, possibly next week on market day, will be in touch when date known. Will have to have another rout in PFT to see what else is buried.

Back