PC help required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltrout512

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had an acer one running windows starter 7 for sometime now about a year. All was fine until I switched on a couple of days ago, connect to internet via a dongle and chrome had been replaced by explorer and the search provider was snapdo.!!! Well I went to the site to download chrome and no mater what I do it will not download. I have removed snap bloody do but can't find explorer anywhere. Still can't download chrome. Any advice would be helpfull.

Many Thanks

Sounds fishy - might be worth checking for malware, virus etc

Run explorer by pressing the windows key (the one with the ms flag on it) and R at the same time - in the run dialog, type iexplore \safe to explorer in safe mode

Get Chrome if that's what you like, but also get a program called malwarebytes and let that run - allow it to clean up whatever it finds

I don't have the links with me, but snapdo is an absolute pig to remove, and the standard anti malware may not do it. Your best bet is to google "removing snapdo" and checking the various methods. You may have to do a little manual removal also. I know this because my laptop got 'infected', and it took a while to remove.
Interestingly, though IE and Chrome were affected, my Opera browser wasn't.

Cheers,
Adam

Back