Painted Decking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyw

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to start building an external raised deck area (5ft off ground). I'd like to finish it the same as our upstairs balcony which means painted deck planks and external structure. All are finished in a mid grey satin (RAL 7030).

The house is a Huf Haus from Germany. I will ask them what they've done upstairs, but I'd appreciate opinions from this forum also.

So, a few questions:
1. What wood should I use - I was thinking something around larch or standard pressure treated lumber, and leave still next easter for painting?

2. Whichever I go for, any recommendations for the paint treatment for the structure.

3. Is there such a thing as a deck paint (not stain and in RAL 7030) that will survive mild foot usage?

Hi AndyW - I'm no expert, but I imagine that a marine deck paint (as used on boats) would be up to the job. - No idea how to prime/apply/finish it though. - Try googling for 'Deck Paint' and you'll turn up a few places selling it.

Back