Overstuffed infill plane,help!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boothie14

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anybody recognize what the make and model of this plane is?
I have been given it but it has no makers mark on it.All I know is that it is an overstuffed infill smoothing plane.It feels good quality and the mouth is nice and tight.
plane.jpg

thanks,
boothie14

Boothie14":3ammoih2 said:
Can anybody recognize what the make and model of this plane is?
I have been given it but it has no makers mark on it.All I know is that it is an overstuffed infill smoothing plane.It feels good quality and the mouth is nice and tight.
plane.jpg

thanks,
boothie14

Perhaps you could email the guy selling this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Overstuffed-Infil ... 286.c0.m14

Looks very similar.

BugBear

Hey, does yours have any markings on the iron ? If you can get hold of a camera maybe we can compare when you post pictures of the one you actually have.
By the way what stove do you have ?

EdK":x5454oxq said:
Hey, does yours have any markings on the iron ? If you can get hold of a camera maybe we can compare when you post pictures of the one you actually have.
By the way what stove do you have ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

There were lots of infill makers both Scottish and English who didn't leave any identifying marks on their planes. Mathieson were one of the most prolific producers of unmarked planes but they did leave catalogues which help with identification. (Toolemera step in any time you like with a virtual wodge of pdf'd catalogues) If it is absolutely identical to the one in the picture then my gut instinct is that you are going to get as far as Scottish and then draw a blank. Please do take the time to upload a photo of the actual plane that we're talking about though, some of the more subtle differences can be hard to distinguish on a picture of an entirely different tool.

As for the stove my money's on a log burner, probably modern and quite efficient. They have a similar one, although slightly older, in my local. It's an excellent piece of kit that can boil an unsuspecting muppet's pint of lager in about as long as it takes him to get back from the gents.

Latest posts

Back