Osmo UV drying opaque

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andersonec

Established Member
Reaction score
Has any one had the experience of their Osmo UV protecting oil not drying clear, it has just happened to me and it was not applied thickly. The last time I used this it was a rich brown colour and it worked brilliantly on some Oak window shutters, opened the tin this time and it was a creamy colour, applied it and it dried with cream patches although it says on the tin it will dry clear. #-o
Andy

Sorry if this is an "Of course I did." but did you thoroughly mix it before applying?

Yep, thoroughly stirred although it didn't need it but I think I have the answer,,,,There is a Osmo 429 which is called 'Natural Transparent' and a Osmo 420 which is 'Clear Satin.' The 420 Clear satin is what it should have been, this now means stripping off the first coat and another £20 for the 420, Apparently the 429 is for light woods like maple and sycamore because it has a white pigment added, wish I'd never seen the stuff.

Andy

Was going to buy this white 'Tint' today. But was unsure.
I found the clear matt PolyX Oil very good, but a little yellowing. like oil does I suppose.

Was wondering if the white tint would be more suitable, for a light wood I have - fairly pale.

Graham

Back