Old Joiners for sale? (doorhandles)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard_C

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw a sign for an "old joiners shop" on a trip to Yorkshire. That's cruel I thought, even old joiners have the right to live free and not be sold off as you would sell apples and pears. Anyway, I realised it was holiday cottage, far less use to the locals than a proper joiners shop but there you go.

The doorhandle on the outbuilding got me thinking which is the real reason for this post. I've got a few old tools from my long-departed fathers shed. I will never use them but can't bring myself to throw them away. Having seen this, some will become handles for workshop cupboard doors and suchlike. An old beaten up screwdriver handle will be a doorknob, a brace will be a big drawer handle.... you get the idea. I thought others might enjoy.
old joiners shop.jpg

This is getting dangerously close to putting lights on old planes and other forms of tool abuse. Venture down this road and who knows what comes next. Painted saws on the walls perhaps.:)
Regards
John

This is getting dangerously close to putting lights on old planes and other forms of tool abuse. Venture down this road and who knows what comes next. Painted saws on the walls perhaps.:)
Regards
John

Taking perfectly good saws, cutting them in half to make them permanently unusable and then putting them on a couple of book ends.

587788b30ecfa8810d5f2827b777c145.jpg

Like nails on a chalkboard 😩

I thought that but couldn't get close enough to check. That bookend is truly awful functionally as well, several books-worth of shelf length wasted. If you only own 3 books I guess it's OK.

That saw is a coffin saw !!;)

I'd never seen one till recently when I went to a local joiner who was also the local undertaker - never used now, and in hindsight I missed the trick of asking him if he could have made my mother's coffin.

That saw is a coffin saw !!;)

I'd never seen one till recently when I went to a local joiner who was also the local undertaker - never used now, and in hindsight I missed the trick of asking him if he could have made my mother's coffin.
I think it's more likely to be an ordinary tenon saw cut in half. Still horrible and impractical though.

Latest posts

Back