Off Cuts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAC1

Journeyman
Reaction score
I use a lot of oak and I currently burn the off cuts!
I keep wondering if there is any interest if I boxed up the off cuts and offered them on here FTAGH. for example yesterday I started making 3 windows and have off cuts of 100x 68 and 100x57 circa 200-300mm long currently in my fire wood pile. Anything shorter than 400mm is usually regarded as scrap. To me they are of no value and in fact I get over run.
I could fill a box with say 10 or 20Kg of off cuts. You could arrange for the box to be collected from me and delivered to you. If I have to arrange the courier etc then I may as well make firewood.
Is this something that is attractive to you? If it is I will put some boxes in the for sale page from time to time.
I just wanted to gauge the market.

PAC1":ncvxvqlt said:
Anything shorter than 400mm is usually regarded as scrap. To me they are of no value and in fact I get over run.
Let me be the first to say, people like me would probably rip your arm off (in the politest possible fashion, of course) for that sort of thing!!

Tasky":23ialc60 said:
PAC1":23ialc60 said:
Anything shorter than 400mm is usually regarded as scrap. To me they are of no value and in fact I get over run.
Let me be the first to say, people like me would probably rip your arm off (in the politest possible fashion, of course) for that sort of thing!!

and i'd rip off your other arm....

I'll be going up to Nottingham in June, would be very glad to collect too if possible, might be better than boxing up.

Knot Competent":gmuob7fn said:
What a great idea! I wish others would do the same.
I think it's a horrible idea..... ripping all the limbs off someone. It's hideous!!
You could at least leave him with one arm, so he can still post the stuff!! :lol:

Nice offer and a genuine one,Only one thing left to rip off and the wife would not be to happy as the love life would suffer.

You need gauge no more.
Should any of the above not need them I will be more than happy to take as much as you want rid of.

In my spare moments I am in the process of filling boxes, I am putting about 15kg in each as I noticed that some couriers will ship this for under a tenner. I think I currently have enough to fill 6 boxes. The wood is mostly oak of various sizes and some cherry, parana pine and ash. When I have finished this exercise I will contact you. My current thought is to work my way down the list above.
After these have gone it may be a while before I have more as I am abroad most of May and then I have an MDF build and a 16C panel to refurbish neither of which will generate off cuts. When I get more I will put them on the for sale board.

I use other people's off cuts all the time but I usually have to buy off ebay, so I'd rip your torso off, since that's all that you have left at this point. :D

Gents (though I am not sure given what you intend doing to me)
I now have 6 boxes ready to go they each weigh about 15KGs
size approx 430x 320x300
If the first six want to pm me with their name and address I will send by return mine. You can then arrange a courier of your choice to collect from me preferably this week!
The first six are:
Tasky
Brandlin
Powertools
ATW
Hammer n nails? (not sure if you wanted to arrange a courier or not)
Topchippyles
Transatlantic (reserve)
A seventh is not far of full but I am not sure when that will complete.
Thereafter from time to time I will put them on the for sale page
Thanks

Rorschach
You are correct, sorry I missed you off. PM me and I will sort it

Am I second reserve or did I just not reach the cut this time (hammer)

Latest posts

Back