Off center lidded form

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger C

Established Member
Reaction score
I do not copy but from time to time some pieces by other turners will inspire me and I will put my own spin on the piece as with this Mark Sanger inspired Osage Orange, Vegetable Ivory, Red Ivory and Leadwood lidded form. H 200mm 7 7/8” W 105mm 4 1/8” Finish woodoc 10 sprayed on. C & C as always welcome Regards Roger

Attachments

• 120.JPG
    120.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 852
  • 122.JPG
    122.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 852
Hi

Sorry if I'm being a bit slow here, but is this just a normal turning with the finiale mounted off centre? Perhaps a view oblique from above the rim would show.

Nice grain matching between cover and body.

Regards Mick

More usually referred to as an urn. Off centre urn?
Turners seem embarrassed by the term "urn". They are not only for ashes - you can keep pickled onions and all sorts in them. Hope that helps.

Jacob":2lerpjpv said:
More usually referred to as an urn. Off centre urn?
Turners seem embarrassed by the term "urn". They are not only for ashes - you can keep pickled onions and all sorts in them. Hope that helps.

It's quite a while since you stirred this particular bucket of prunes, but it's still a repeat. How about a new hobby horse for the new year? {Happy New Year to you by the way.}

Roger, I really like your Urn, pot, lidded form, jar, barrel - who gives a doodah what it's called?

The grain match is excellent.
I am sure Mark S will be pleased to have inspired you.

Greg

Back