oak desk and study furniture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Senior, you are my new idol.
You are an inspiration and you are really increasing my current frustration as I don't have time for woodworking between bottle feeding the baby!!!

Please don't forget your camera anymore I want to see it all :lol:

Fantastic Work Senior - as usual i should add.

I work with my wife and we get on fine - we are co-directors of our company and it works well.

Rule is - never take an argument home with you and always make up before bedtime.

Thankfully she doesn't like cabinetmaking so I do get some 'me' time during the week.

Lovely work and a very nice design.

I'm very interested in the staffed frames. Is it purely an aesthetic thing which in fact makes the woodworking a bit harder or can it be done with the router bit sets you can use for kitchen cupboards (with the bit that cuts the grooves for the panels removed). I imagine that using the router sets wouldn't produce a tenon long enough for the strength required.

Anyway, it looks great, as do the built in cupboards.

Ted

Heres an example of a staffed frame, the staff is on the frame not on the drawer front.
p8040123uo4.jpg

The staff is part of the frame and not pinned on afterwards.

Hope this helps explain it a bit more

Right, that's a lot clearer now. Definitely not a simpler option but very nice. It really does make a difference to the look of the piece.

Thanks, Ted

Back