November Woodturning Challenge - THE RESULTS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henton49er

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are the results for the Woodturning Challenge for November. The Challenge was "fruity" being the requirement to turn a piece of fruit from any wood or any turning from a piece of fruit wood. A shame that we only attracted eight entrants for this almost "turn what you want" Challenge, but good to see two "first timers" in Bubba and andy43.

Judges Scoring

1. Woodmonkey - A good shape and well finished. The sapwood/heartwood adds to the visual appeal - 10 points
2. Wybrook - Nicely turned and finished - 8 points
3. Dalboy - An accomplished project with the carved leaf and stem too - 6 points
4. Andy43 - missing the detail underneath but it's still obviously an apple! - 4 points
5. Grahamshed - An ambitious project for a first attempt at a hollow form - 2 points

All other entrants get one point each

Entrants' Scoring

1. Dalboy, who scored three first places - 5 points
2. Wybrook, who scored two first places - 4 points
3. Grahamshed - 3 points
4. Woodmonkey - 2 points
5. Bubba - 1 point

Overall Scores

1= Woodmonkey, who wins the monthly plaque by virtue of his higher judges score =D> =D> =D>
1= and Wybrook, each scored 12 points overall
3. Dalboy, with 11 points
4. Grahamshed, with 5 points
5. andy43, with 4 points

Scores to date

Dalboy 98
Dennisk 83
KimG 43
woodmonkey 43
wybrook 38
Sheptonphil 34
Random Orbital Bob 27
Grahamshed 26
nev 24
heatherw 18
sammo 16
SteveF 15
tpot 14
winemaker 13
monkeybiter 11
J-G 9
procell 8
swb58 8
Soylent1 5
andy43 4
leisurefix 3
mikebeetle 3
NickWelford 3
Tazmaniandevil 3
Bubba 2
Vic Perrin 2
gregmcateer 1
jethro 1
Melinda_dd 1
Rich Morgan 1

Wow, did not expect that! Well done to everyone who entered, some great efforts there, and difficult to judge with such a variety of entries. Bad luck to wybrook, I thought yours had the edge on mine tbh! Well done to Graham too, very impressive considering how long you've been turning.

Some great pieces It has been good to see so many progress. Well done to the winners (joint firsts) for achieving that goal. Mind you I think everyone is a winner

:shock: Shocked !!!

I've never managed better than fourth before.

Thanks everyone :lol:

some fantastic work there
congrats to all
shame i missed deadline as would have been a fun one

Steve

Well done WM! Some great entries this month, apologies for my lack, just been too busy.

Back