NOT another Snow thread!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrimTheKing

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to play Devil's Advocate to Roy's thread, the major weather websites that I use (BBC and weather.com) have been telling me since late last week that it will snow again early this week and continue through the week.

22:00 last night it started and I awoke to this...

Garden from bedroom window
IMG00034-20100105-0937.jpg

View towards Manchester across workshop roof
IMG00036-20100105-1002.jpg

View of Winter Hill (in the distance, behind the snow and fog) across other side of workshop roof
IMG00037-20100105-1002.jpg

Garden from living room
IMG00038-20100105-1014.jpg

Looks like snow to me. Went outside, it's cold, and melts just like snow. White speckles of a similar material are falling out of the sky at a slow but steady pace, like snow.

To paraphrase the old saying, if it looks like snow, feels like snow, melts like snow, then...

I'm probably around 7-8 miles from Mike in Altrincham so I guess it's the same snow.

And before Roy reads this I'm just putting on a big wooly hat, coat and scarf and running out the door
:wink:

There's no doubt that snow scenes look beautiful... but I hate cold weather with a vengeance. :evil: :roll: :wink:

I know what you mean Mark - I set off at 7am this morning to go to Stockport. Got over the M6 (normally a 15 minute journey which took 50) and the traffic ground to a halt. Then the phone calls started - first Brad, then SWMBO, then my Mum ! All warning that the weather was worse the further north I went.

Quick u-turn on the A556 and back home to a bacon and egg sarnie!

Having said that, the snow round here isn't at all bad - 1" max. All the roads are clear except the back roads. Even so, the kids school has been closed "as a precaution" :roll:

Cheers

Karl

You did the right thing, Karl.

We're now about 6" deep and even the main roads are difficult. We won't be getting that timber delivery today so I've come home to do my accounts for the end of the month.

Not before I've had bacon sausage and two eggs on a monster butty, though!

:lol:

Brad

Similar story in Leeds at 8am-
DSCF2758.JPG

I'm supposed to be doing the base works for an Oak conservatory.. yeah right :shock:

We had a little snow this morning, then between 10 & 12 am about 3" fell, the old silver birch was looking a bit sad a few moments ago.
CIMG4753.jpg

Looks like it`s heading south :shock:

If you look to the right of the church in Mark's second photo, you cn't see my hose as it is covered in snow. I skated home on the ice at 5 yesterday afternoon after the first day back at school, after only 2 weeks holiday. Got up to see acres of snow this morning. Saw the headmaster (HWMBO) struggle off on foot to work (school). After donning 100% layers of Gore-Tex and thermo fleece, I went after him, walking in the footsteps of giants. No paper at the C0-op. Rubbish. Another 15 minutes got me to school to find it was closed. Got to my workshop (outside away from all the clever stuff, even though we have CADCAM and a Laser cutter. Took off outerwear and boots, and completed year 11 reports. Marked 2 lots of homework that came in yesterday, comments, mark and grade, not just a tick or a smiley face. Logged the marks on my digital mark book. Got stuck into 2 classes worth of assessment sheets that the kids filled in yesterday. A couple of sentences each, handwritten. Then went home. Still no paper at the shop. Wife and youngest daughter (22) making a snow cat on the lawn. Shovelled snow off both cars , cleared the path, the path is now 6" lower than the snow on the road. Drinking a coffee and eating a gingerbread house, before going for a shower. This afternoon I will play at inlaying with the router. Got the bit and 2 part guide, I have made the elliptical jig from Lexan. The job is for a guitar sound hole that I started this Christmas in celebration of the band saw switch finally being fixed and working.

Mike - i'm in Winsford, but don't hold it against me :lol:

Brad is in Stockport, and Trim is in some mansion in his own county :lol:

Cheers

Karl

Karl":3c9q8ziw said:
Mike - i'm in Winsford, but don't hold it against me :lol:

Brad is in Stockport, and Trim is in some mansion in his own county :lol:

Cheers

Karl
Haha, only just noticed this :D

Funny you should mention that as it's one of my grand plans when I get round to it, to claim independence from UK and have my own small principality. I considered the fact that there is a Sussex and an Essex but none in the North so I am considering Nossex.

Only problem I can see so far is that I would then be Trim the King of No-Sex :shock:

Well, with #2 on the way that's kind of true ATM anyway :D

OH WOW!

When you said your wife and daughter were building a snow cat I assumed they had very little snow and, between them, they had gathered up enough snow for a cat-sized snow-cat.

That is the best snow-thing I have ever seen.

Brendan

I did not want to make a fuss. There is about 9" of snow now. Having cleared the drive and the cars, it has built up again.

Latest posts

Back