Noggins wood sale more dates

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racers

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Chaps

Popped along to Noggins wood sale today to see what they had I ended up with a nice plank of Pippy oak.

http://rowanwoodlandproducts.weebly.com/

http://rowanwoodlandproducts.weebly.com ... sales.html

Its at St. Joseph's Tea Rooms, Abbey Grange, Oaks Road, Whitwick LE67 5UP they had lots of nice planks of various wood with plenty of character, I neatly bought a massive plane of cankered ash that had big black holes through it.

They also do turning blanks.

I forget to take the camera! but here is a picture of my plank.

Pippy oak plank by Racers, on Flickr

Close up.

Pippy oak by Racers, on Flickr

Yes, that is a lot of wood stored in my hall, and no the wide (oops wife) doesn't mind too much.

Well worth keeping an eye out for the next one.

The tea rooms are nice I had a delicious slice of coffee and walnut cake and a nice cup of coffee.

Pete

That's a superb pippy Oak board. You see lots of pippy boards at a whopping premium price, but the cat's paws are all clustered in one portion of the board, you've got the rare one with a really nice even spread!

Doh!

I was less than a mile away from there on Friday but didn't know it existed.

Fortunately I have enough wood for the time being, but thanks for the tip-off. I look forward to seeing what you make from it, Pete.

Racers":nc25djcb said:
Hi Chaps

Yes, that is a lot of wood stored in my hall, and no the wide doesn't mind too much.

Does she mind being referred to as "the wide"?

Custard, It is a nice one and they let me have it for £55!

Tony, The radiator hasn't been on for a while!

Andy, the sale was only on on Sunday, have a few ideas but nothing firm yet.

Monkey, Oops

Pete

AndyT":3nc4rc30 said:
Doh!

Fortunately I have enough wood for the time being, but thanks for the tip-off. I look forward to seeing what you make from it, Pete.

Me too!
Did you buy anything?

Bod

Bod":36sdq1se said:
AndyT":36sdq1se said:
Doh!

Me too!
Did you buy anything?

Bod

A few cramps, not much at all. I was mostly there for the occasion and to chat.

Hi Chaps

They have sent me an email saying another wood sale on Saturday 8th April 10-4pm at the same place.

Take the wife for some cake!

Pete

I don't mean exchange the wife for cake... Mmmm I wonder...

Thanks for the heads up. Might have to pop down... do they only sell planks or do they do smaller pieces that i can fit into my VW Up! with 2 children at the back? :-D

Adrian

Hi Pete,

Racers":28cisjue said:
They have sent me an email saying another wood sale on Saturday 8th April 10-4pm at the same place.

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss it again. I'll be in Cardiff for the, I think, inaugural RHS flower show on Sunday and to watch my beloved Bluebirds on Saturday.

I can't believe that I'm missing out on the coffee and walnut cake again.

Neil

twodoctors":3pro0bj8 said:
Thanks for the heads up. Might have to pop down... do they only sell planks or do they do smaller pieces that i can fit into my VW Up! with 2 children at the back? :-D

Adrian

All sorts of sizes from over 10 feet to blanks for turning.

And nice cake!

Pete

Just had an Email they are having another sale

!We are planning another of our increasingly popular wood sales, hoping that the sun will shine and we can use our marquee. Check out our website for examples of our planed hardwood boards and bowl blanks sourced from local woodlands in or close to the National Forest. Some of our sycamore is now dry to give customers increased choice. We are also cutting more large bowl blanks suitable for platters, including some lovely ash with amazing colour and some spalting.

Don't forget to allow time to visit the tea rooms and enjoy some lovely home made refreshments.

St. Joseph's tea rooms, Abbey Grange, Oaks Road, Whiwick LE67 5UP.
Time: 10am - 4pm Sat 20th May!

Pete

Thanks for the heads up. An hour and a half away but I need to pick up a few boards for hand tool school projects and this looks like an ideal opportunity.

Well if you can't make the sale, but live near Leicester / Loughborough / Nottingham, it's worth making a trip to their mill/farm. Look what I've got for £36 (including off-cuts and scraps). Note: Stormtroopers not included.

IMG_20170515_175639.jpg

IMG_20170515_175737.jpg

and off-cuts / scraps

IMG_20170515_180229.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170515_175639.jpg
    IMG_20170515_175639.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20170515_175737.jpg
    IMG_20170515_175737.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20170515_180229.jpg
    IMG_20170515_180229.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 36
Random Orbital Bob":eqhjequv said:
AndyT":eqhjequv said:
Fortunately I have enough wood for the time being.

I don't understand those words!

I have some lovely walnut and oak from Custard, which I really need to start turning into a table. Nearly ready! :oops:

More wood sales!

This just comes to let you know the dates booked so far this year for our Noggins wood sales at St Joseph's tea rooms. They are:
• Sunday 18th June
• Saturday 15th July
• Sunday 20th August
• Saturday 16th September
Times are always 10am-4pm and the address is Oaks Road Whitwick LE67 5UP.

We always bring along a selection of our timber, sourced locally from sustainable woodland management programmes. For each sale these include some newly planed boards; often we surprise ourselves to see the lovely grain that has been hidden in a piece of rough sawn timber. We have cut more new bowl blanks, including some for platters up to 12" diameter. Sycamore, yew and birch are now regularly available, along with the original staples of ash, oak and beech (including spalted beech). We have some alder drying which may also be ready, but contact us before travelling if you are coming specially to buy it.

Don't forget to make time to enjoy home made refreshments in the tea room. There is a lovely patio to sit out if fine. If the forecast is good we will put up our marquee near the car park but if wet we will be in the hall.

Hope to see you soon,
Gwen and Mick
Rowan Woodland Products

Pete

Back