No work today

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
our pool is 14mx5mx2m deep....1.2m shallow end.....
when we moved in it was like P soup.....ended upwith dead rats etc.....
but that was the fault of the renter.....
we use a multi chem tablet 4" dia x 1" thick.....it gets 5 per week at a euro per tab.....
she does all the checking etc and we've spent another 100 on uppers and downers.....
other than that nothing really...changed the pump after a while €500 and say another hundred for the guy to change the sand and the difusers.....
today was 36 deg and we dunked in the pool 4 times, just long enough for a large coffee each....
I'd say pretty happy so far.....
our place is officially rented out in the Hi-Season so have to have a pool.....
As for the temps not so bothered just try not to work in it.....if I have too, I have a moveable tent thing.....
Lived in Calif and Arizona....so this is nothing really.....there we stop'd work at 102 F (39C) mechanical engineering in non insulated tin sheds....no fun.....but we we're young....
best thing if ur in and out of the shade is a soaking wet T shirt....this really does cool u down.....30-40 mins and its dry again...
.so then start over......it's actually cooler than no shirt......
IMG_2113.jpeg

Like the song "Just can't stand the RAIN".......hahaha....

Frank, regarding those tablets, do you drop them in the skimmer baskets?
If so, you should consider another system. I had to have a new skimmer fitted after the original had a leak on the underground pipe. It was because I was dropping chlorine tablets in the basket and waiting for them to dissolve. The chlorine concentration builds up when the pump is off and rots the plastic pipes.
I now use loose chlorine, a third litre every other day in the skimmer while the pump is running does mine. Checked daily. yours will most likely need two thirds to one litre.
Family all gone home now, so I've knocked a couple hours off the pump timer.

Back