No school today

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
I was talking last week about too hot be in the workshop at 38c
Hah! Today the official high temp for Cyprus was 47c, with more to come. School reopening has been put back a week because almost none of the classrooms have A/C.

I'm finally getting value from the pool.
This was the shaded porch at 9am.

Attachments

• thermometer 2020.jpg
    thermometer 2020.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 30
Man that's hot! We had a couple days where it touched 40ºC. Now we have an few of the low twenties. Monday night will drop to -2ºC. Our short Fall has begun. :cry: I guess it is time to cut the tomato stalks at the ground and bring them in to hang and ripen.

Pete

I have a pleasant 30°C today, but humidity at 35% which is a bit too low. Just waiting for rain now - we have pretty much run out of water.

You can have some of mine TN, hardly stopped for nearly a fortnight. I had to drill extra holes in the potato trugs and have still needed to tip them over 4 times to empty the water lots 2 due to soggy stalks. for August we've had 150mm as the average

To go with the 43c we have humidity so high that a minute spent indoors leaves you looking like you had a shower. This is the hottest temps in Cyprus for 10 years. The good bit is that last time this happened I was still working :cry: , and this time I'm not.:cool:
And just for once, the reservoirs are still almost full. I expect thats to do with a couple million tourists not turning up though .

You can have some of mine TN, hardly stopped for nearly a fortnight. I had to drill extra holes in the potato trugs and have still needed to tip them over 4 times to empty the water lots 2 due to soggy stalks. for August we've had 150mm as the average
Tell me about it. You and me both. :(

Latest posts

Back