"No audio devices are installed"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody67

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had this problem? i.e.since I got one of those God forsaken Windows updates, my volume control on my laptop has disappeared and it's driving me to distraction :twisted: . Device manager says "No audio devices are installed". I can't restore at the mo as I haven't got enough free space (clean up isn't freeing enough) :roll: (It would be too cheeky to ask for help on this one too!)

I honestly can't be bothered trawling Google when I know I can gain the best quick fix from good ol' UKW

Thanks all

Mark :ho2

Need a bit more info really.

Is this a laptop or desktop computer? Does it have the sound facility built-in (rather than an add-on sound card)? If built-in then first check that it is actually enabled in the BIOS.

What version of Windows are you using?

Do you have a 'drivers' / 'utility' CD that came with the computer as this may well have the sound drivers that you can reinstall.

Have a look at the manufacturer website as this may have all the drivers available to download.

As for insufficient disk space - as you've done a clean up then you need to look and see what 'cr*p' you've got saved and don't actually need. If you've got any DVDs or other video files they can take a huge amount of space as well as some programs automatically making backups of files. When I transferred my NYW files to the computer I ran low on disk space and found about 150GB of 'working backups' that I was unaware of.

Misterfish

Not had that troubles with the audio drivers on any of the PCs at home.
You might be able to use the device manager to re-install them without needing the drivers, but you'll probably need to show the hidden devices.

I use ccleaner to free up space on my disk - it finds hidden junk easily.

Back