New workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, I've recently moved to be bigger workshop which at the moment has a concrete floor. Very hard on the feet and very tough trying to move jobs around the workshop. Just looking for some advice on flooring as I don't want to paint it. Plywood is double the price as osb sheets. Any advice would be appreciated
Cheers

I used interlocking loft boards from Wickes. Lasted me 10+ years so far and easy on the feet ( and to sweep).

They make some virgin pvc square tiles in many colours. They interlock have an really good weight, don't require gluing, apparently last for years so can take them with you when you move as not a fixture.

They can be used in warehouses with forklifts etc so they're really hard wearing. They also do anti fatigue ones which might help on the feet somehow... the good thing is that they're not abrasive on wood etc like concrete and are easy to clean (and lay).

I can't remember names of companies as its been a few years that I looked at them but there was a company that manufactured them in Ireland that was very competitive... they can do brand logos etc. Some places were charging up to double what others were doing.... you can also get them in black or grey in recycled pvc for a little less money but I think it's a little less durable of memory serves...

HTH

I'd go for interlocking rubber tiles personally. I'd do the same in my garage, but the floor is more cratered than the moon. I've been meaning to get around to using leveling compound...

Back