New woodworker

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolau

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have been doing carpentry since my dad started me off 60 odd years ago and always had a go at DIY- general carpentry, decks etc

since retiring I have more time to spend on a little more refined woodworking and looking for projects and to refine my skills

brought myself a 1/4” router and starting to play with that but lots to learn and watching lots of U tube videos

built myself a router table and that’s where my first queries are likely to be from those with more experience

live in mid Wales

Welcome to the forum!!
Are you more interested in hand tools or power tools?
And have you considered turning?

Welcome, mate. Got quite a few family still around Dolau (if it's the one on the Heart of Wales line), but not been back for a long time,
Loved living in Dolau for 35 years but moved to Llandrindod a couple of years ago ….. to be nearer the surgery as I get older 🤦‍♂️😂😂😂😂😂😂❤️‍🩹

My workspace is a corner of the garden and living in Wales near Aberystwyth means limited time to undertake any project due to precipitation! One day I may be allowed a corner of the garage when it is released from being a hay store.
Damned 'osses!
Most projects to date have been log stores, a cabinet for electric fence energiser/battery and the odd compost bin but looking forward to more refined woodworking when I'm allowed indoors!

Loved living in Dolau for 35 years but moved to Llandrindod a couple of years ago ….. to be nearer the surgery as I get older 🤦‍♂️😂😂😂😂😂😂❤️‍🩹
Know the feeling. When we moved to Scotland one of the big pluses was the doctor's surgery in the village, which probably saved my life, or at least saved me from potential disability. So what happened? Creeping privatisation of the NHS now means we have to drive 8 miles to the surgery, or 12 miles to the "Community Hub" which does things the GP surgeries are no longer allowed to do. As someone once said "You know it makes sense". Like heck it does.
Last trip to mid-Wales was actually to a golden wedding in the Metropole in Llandod. And 60+ years ago, took my driving test there. There were probably at least a half dozen cars in the town that day!

Know the feeling. When we moved to Scotland one of the big pluses was the doctor's surgery in the village, which probably saved my life, or at least saved me from potential disability. So what happened? Creeping privatisation of the NHS now means we have to drive 8 miles to the surgery, or 12 miles to the "Community Hub" which does things the GP surgeries are no longer allowed to do. As someone once said "You know it makes sense". Like heck it does.
Last trip to mid-Wales was actually to a golden wedding in the Metropole in Llandod. And 60+ years ago, took my driving test there. There were probably at least a half dozen cars in the town that day!
Great place to live and bring up a family

Back