New toys

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just eyeing the Meths up. A great mixer with sherry. Sad but true, in my first year of teaching one of the pupils mother was a near blind alcoholic on that beverage.

Colin
You should try Barrentines. I put the following review on Amazon:
Imagine my disappointment then when we tasted the so called 'vintage' meths ...,

After reading all the rave reviews about this product I felt I must try it.
It duly arrived. I had told my wife that we would be having a special meal.
In the candle lit room, the Barrettine looked particularly appealing and, I thought rather suited my wife's complexion.
Imagine my disappointment then when we tasted the so called 'vintage' meths
The bouquet was average, there were sharp undertones of isopropyl alcohol, acetone, methyl ethyl ketone, methyl isobutyl ketone, and denatonium and above all, it does not take to chilling very well.
My wife, of course drank the lot.
Anyone know where we can get it cheap in bulk ?

Solo I'm a very happy boy now, my friend has just dropped off my new (his old) bandsaw with 2 new blades and a new belt and a little compressor that he says is fairly quiet (for a compressor), the bandsaw is immaculate, not a scratch on it (for now 🤪) I had spent all yesterday cutting my worktop back for the bandsaw to have a space to sit and hoped I had cut it back enough, turns out it's an almost perfect fit with plenty of access to the schools gas supply 😁 just need to sit a bit of ply under it as the table is just resting on the worktop, not quite sure where I'm gonna put the compressor but it it needs a very good clean up before anything else.
A few questions if i may 😅
- my friend doesn't have the owners manual for the saw and I can't find one online, would anyone have one or know where I can download one? I have emailed RP but no response yet.
-having never owned a compressor before or had much dealings with one is there anything I should be aware of in regard to use, maintenance and the initial clean up I need to carry out? I also need to look at tool/equipment for it as it's o it the unit I've got, no lines or anything.View attachment 166148
I recommend some wheels for that. To be able to roll it out from the wall a bit when you want to cut longer things.

I recommend some wheels for that. To be able to roll it out from the wall a bit when you want to cut longer things.
I have a metal dolly somewhere that should be a perfect fit, when I find it I'll try it out but it may make it too tall to use comfortably as the table is already quite high at about 1m from the floor

It needs to have locking wheels and be stable. You don't want it moving as you're cutting 😮
The wheels lock but having just tried it they are no good as they put the saw table too high, plus the floor is not very level in that corner and it rocks too much on the wheels.

Back