New Scheppach HMS 1070 anyone have any buying advice please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodworthy

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know much about the NEW Scheppach HMS 1070 Bench planer thicknesser

Its the bench planer thicknesser. Anyone used one? How is it with Hardwoods, Oak, walnut especially........

Would be great to hear any buying advice on this machine.......

I was going for a Woodstar PT85 but they have apparently been discontinued so, 2 days ago, bought the HMS 1070 instead on the recommendation of my supplier. It is easy to set up and just about transportable from storage to workbench. Never used a planer thicknesser before so can't comment in comparison with other machines. However, it seems well made and gave good results with a short oak board once I attached the dust extractor hood (it won't work without it, although not mentioned in the instructions).

The manual is OK for initial setup but nothing else - there is a numbered parts diagram but no corresponding descriptions, and instructions for blade changing are incomprehensible. Hope this helps

Hi Woodworthy,

Did you go for the Scheppach in the end? I've just come across it and wondered whether it was any good as a first hobby P/T?

It looks very similar to the Fox F22-564-250 in appearance, although it has a 1600w motor as opposed to the Fox's 1280w motor. I guess they all come out of the same factory somewhere in the far east.

The best price I can find is £349 but looking further afield you seem to be able to buy it in France for 280 Euros - approx £240. Strange there should be such a large price difference.

Cheers!

hi there i can assure you the woodstar pt 85 planner/thicknesser has not been discontinued.
this machine puts some of our bigger workshops machines to shame for its outstanding performance for price.
anyone who would like to trial one on a 30 day money back guarantee please feel free to get in contact.

the hms 1070 is a new machine from scheppach.
we have intial small stock quantities here in the uk as the first batch was divided up world wide but we also have stock of this item

kind regards
simon
n/m/a

Useful comments. Anyone else out there used the new Scheppach? Having just seen an old HMS 260 go for the same price second hand on fleabay i'm wondering whether it might be best to just buy the 1070 and get a brand new product but cant seem to get much info and very little opinion on it online. Are the fence and the feed table aluminium?

My only comment is that it's probably the same as all these small brush motor P/Ts - hellishly noisy!

Back