New Rutlands Catalogue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom K

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, just received the new Rutty '08 catalogue
Right next to the address label Woodpecker router lift!
On flicking through they seem to be stocking all the Woodpeck goodies.
Heres to a good old sliding session :p
Doesn't show up as a store on the site but do a search for Woodpecker and its all there.

Regards Tom

can i leave work early tonight to go home and see if mines arrived...

Plllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeee [-o<

Bit will they actually have a stock ? Or just wait until someone orders and then order one in...

Cheers Mike

In case you don't already know Mike, Rutlands now have a "live" Stock Status box for every product on their website. It's been going for a few months now and, although I haven't bought much from them recently, I've not had the problem where something is advertised as "In Stock" before I'm later answering a phone call to be told it's actually out of stock. :)

There are a couple of new products that have caught my eye too. They're also selling the Osmo Oil range, which is something I'm considering using for an up-and-coming coffee table. :D

I still don't know how they can charge so much for some of their Dakota range though, when half the stuff there can be bought considerably cheaper from Axminster, under their own brand name.

Olly I was watching The Workshop that John built and he was talking about some Aussie stuff that is made from plants and is meant to be the bee's knees, but I forget the name of it and have yet to see the program again. Now Osmo rings a bell, have you any idea what it contains? Or does anyone remember the product he was talking about?

Cheers

Mike

I don't know what it contains but on their logo there is a picture of a tree, and the name suggests the possibility of "Osmosis"... So, you could be right there Mke! :)

I would recommend it very highly, Mike. I used it on my last project and was extremely impressed. Easy to apply, and even easier to get a consistant sheen. It is also resistant to just about anything you could spill on it.

I used osmo polyx on my oak floor last year, and it has held up excellently, given that my two yer old uses it as a racing track for his yellow sit on truck.

I'm going to use it on a dining table i'm making at the moment too, as it offers really good protection against spills - trust me, i know - and it's supposed to be quite heat resistant too, though he's not tried that out on my floor yet!!:shock:

The Australian stuff mentioned above I believe was Organoil, it smells lovely, but I never found that it gave much protection to the wood. I used it on a few fruit bowls, but I found it to be very watery and didn't build to a sheen at all. I have however used it a few times on top of danish oil, just to add the nice smell to a few turned items. Organoil is made purely from plant oils, and is completely safe to use on food items and toys, so safe, you could drink it - but I wouldnt advise it though :wink:

Regards

Aled

P.S. organoil contains no solvents, so I can't be branded as a solvent abuser for sniffing the pot on occasions. :wink:

Thanks Simon, Osmo it is then :lol:

Aled thanks for the info on the Aussie stuff, it sounds like Osmo is more suited to my needs.

Cheers

Mike

Back