New Dewalt Plunge Saw Arrived

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemsby

Established Member
Reaction score
My Dewalt plunge saw was delivered today :D

Externally well packed for transit with particular attention for the rails.

After removing the external packaging seems that the systainer is built to withstand a small nuclear explosion. Unfortunately Dewalt forgot it is intended to protect the contents, other than 3 pieces of soft foam lightly glued to the inside (one was laying loose in the bottom) the saw is allowed to rattle around like the proverbial. It gives the impression the systainer is a “one size fits all”) Fortunately it will be easy to rectify (hammer)

I was apprehensive regarding the unusual plunge action but the first time I used it today to trim the splinter guards I was impressed and it seemed strangely a natural, comfortable action.

Only did a number of test cuts today without clamps in different materials including 5.5mm ply all were chip free.

Will be cutting to finish size some largish 18mm MRMDF panels tomorrow

Pro’s =D>
Good splinter free cuts
Rails stay in place without clamps even on surface of shuttering ply
Smooth running on rails with easy adjustment of rail slide tensioner
Great dust extraction
Long Power Lead
Good case for rails

Con’s #-o
Non existent internal design of Systainer
Poor Instructions should you need them

Although it is my first track saw I am really impressed with the dewalt,excellent dust extraction and even when I cut through a laminate worktop with the laminate face down it was chip free!
Well worth the money IMO =D>

Latest posts

Back