Natural edge burr elm bowl - Critique

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walter Hall

Established Member
Reaction score
Since we seem to be having a natural edge day today, here's one I prepared earlier.

3703620077_c3783266a9_b.jpg

That's my kind of thing for sure, natural looking...and chunky! Beautiful finish too.

How big is it?

Looks a beautiful piece of timber BH,and looks to be well finished :D
Think i would like to have seen a more curved shape to it rather than the straightish sides it as,and not such a big foot that i can see.
Great piece of wood that makes me want to explore all the little splits and holes /features it has. :D

Nice bit of Elm there Walter. But like Paul I'm not too keen on the form of the piece, it needs a bit more flow to the curve instead of going down and then sharply in and flat at the base.(IMHO)
The other small point is you seem to have sanded in on the edges of the hole to the right of the picture giving the hole more the appearance of a dent.
Having said that it still looks fairly nice and the top edge is good and jagged,I hope you managed to keep your fingers away from it :shock:

JT

Might be easier to judge with a picture from further back? s is I'd agree that the sides look a bit too straight but thatb may not be the case if seen at a distance. The foot lifts it up well and the finish is excellent as far as I can see.

Pete

Latest posts

Back