Myford Ml 8 banjo

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce

Reaction score
Hi Folks I am restoring a myford ml8 that was donated to the Loughborough Men’s Shed in pieces, getting to finals stages and ready to do wiring but missing the banjo that holds the tool rest. Has any one got one that they could part with please
ATB Bruce

There are several on eBay at the moment. Worth the investment - the ml8 is a nice lathe.

Hi Folks I am restoring a myford ml8 that was donated to the Loughborough Men’s Shed in pieces, getting to finals stages and ready to do wiring but missing the banjo that holds the tool rest. Has any one got one that they could part with please
ATB Bruce

I'll have to check my lathe when I'm back home.

Which part do you mean? Pic?

Cheers James

Hi James, thanks for replying. The part I need is the casting that the tool rest sits into and it has a wing bolt to secure the height of the tool rest. I have all the clamp and mountings so it’s just the cross piece that holds the tool rest that I am looking for, here is a pic that I found on the net,
Thanks again, ATB Bruce

Attachments

• 9E66FE4B-BC1A-436A-9433-F72B751DD727.jpeg
    9E66FE4B-BC1A-436A-9433-F72B751DD727.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1
You could try Myford-stuff, seemed to be mainly metalwork Myfords when I looked on there but probably worth giving them a ring. Ian
Good cause but I’m keeping mine complete lol.

Let me check I'm away till Tuesday though.

I have one and so does my local men's shed!😀😀😀

Cheers James

ATB Bruce
Gjej2011 on ebay has various myford ml8 parts; might be worth a look

Good luck with your restoration. I use the same lathe and I love it.

Sorry went out to garage tonight and forgot to look. Will look tomorrow and also Tuesday at our men's shed.

Cheers James

Hi sorry I've had a look both at home and at our men's shed and we don't have any spare banjos. Rest yes banjo no.

Try myford man in eBay?

Cheers James

Latest posts

Back