• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

My tip for improving tablesaw accuracy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

A

Anonymous

Hi all

Just though I'd post a couple of ideas i had to improve my kit. First is to allow more accurate positioning of the tablesaw fence on my Kity (used same trick on old record).

I got a bar magnifier from Tescos for about £5.00 and has 3x magnification + a thin blue line along it. I made a small aluminium bracket with slotted holes to allow adjusment. I cut the magnifier down to size and sanded an angle on it to macth that on the fence support using my disc sander. I also sanded the top end at the same angle to sit parallel to the table top. I drilled, tapped and screwed the magnifier to the bracket and there you have it. Magnified scale - seriously accurate and repeatable cuts are now possible.

cheers

Tony

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Tony,

Brilliant. I've had one of those magnifier things, minus little blue line, kicking about for years. I was so enthused I just this minute dashed down to the workshop, lopped off the end of it and with a little tweaking with a scraper got it to a nice wedge fit into the hole in my bandsaw fence. A little craftwork (tm Woodrat) and I had a cursor to line up with the scale. Voila, a magnified scale for the rip fence. Muchos gracias. :D I should send it off to one of the mags if I was you.

Cheers, Alf

Possibly now the holder of the world "from page to workshop" speed record. :D Of all the unlikely holders... :roll:

A

Anonymous

Alf

Scraper :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aragorn
If only the carpet was in the workshop. That picture was (I'm sure you guessed) taken in the study, not the workshop :cry: :cry:

Glad the idea helped - I have a few more little tricks I have tried out (copy of Biesemeyer fence for my record tablesaw for instance) and must get around to photographing and posting 'em

Cheers

Tony

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Tony

Tony":g18zw7d7 said:
I have a few more little tricks I have tried out (copy of Biesemeyer fence for my record tablesaw for instance) and must get around to photographing and posting 'em
I think you're on a roll, don't stop now.

Cheers
Neil

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, by public demand post a picture(s) of the Bies type fence. I've seen wooden versions, so will be interesting.

Rgds

Noel

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Tony

Do mind if I mention that your messages exceed my screen allowance in this forum. Other members messages appear within the frame OK.
Is it me or you?

sawdustalley

Established Member
Reaction score
I think its the face ha is using large photos, you probably have 800x600 resolution, and the photos are too wide to fit on your screen at this res. 8)

A

Anonymous

Oops.

Sorry about the size. I will use 640 *480 or smaller in future (Biesemeyer Fence post under construction :D )