My shed is dead...viva le patio

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody67

Established Member
Reaction score
Sadly, as much as I like woodworking, I'm not in the same league as many of you good folks when it comes to organisation and tidiness. :oops: In addition, my "workshop" was coming to the end of it's functional life due to rot in the window frames and the fragility of the corrugated plastic roof.

IMAG0275-Copy.jpg

IMAG0319-Copy.jpg

My dear dad built it as a conservatory 25 years ago, so I suppose it's served it's purpose.

Anyhoo - because it had such a solid base and floor, myself and Mrs Woody decided on a severe (and harsh) makeover........

After a good days emptying the dear old girl - you DO NOT want to know how many trips via a family car we made to the local tip...oh go on then - 18!

IMAG0325.jpg

On to the demolition, after all the glass was removed - luckily I cracked only 1 sheet but now I'm left with tons of glass I've no use for, unless you're in my neck of the woods, then please pop round as it's gratis!

IMAG0330.jpg

I was originally going to rip out the window boards, but seeing they were in good nick and would leave gaping holes, we decided to leave them..surely they'll be good to park your bum on whilst waiting for the barby!

IMAG0333-Copy.jpg

On with cutting out accesses into the patio and out into the garden...

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

Good old Tess kept a critical eye on the build.
IMAG0349.jpg

Luckily I had an old teak table that I managed to butcher in order to dress the opening. A good few coats of Sadolin brought the wood up like new :D

IMAG0355.jpg

A bit of brickying filled in unwanted gaps!

IMAG0352.jpg

New gate made for access into the garden.

IMAG0363.jpg

Big chunky trellis knocked up for Mrs Woodys grapevine.

IMAG0364.jpg

Floor painted and woodwork finished.

IMAG0359.jpg

IMAG0360.jpg

And as she stands today....we just haven't had the bloody weather to enjoy it. It's been cold and wet all July :cry:

IMAG0467.jpg

IMAG0312-Copy.jpg

Project 2 was our replacement shed - 8 x 6 and boy am I amazed how much it swallowed, especially after I built a heap of shelves. Granted, I've no space for wood storage, but all my tools are safely tucked away, with enough room for Mrs Woodys potting bench. :D

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0269.jpg

IMAG0448-1.jpg

All in all, we grafted for a solid 2 weeks but enjoyed (mostly) every minute :D

As per usual, all comments, good, bad or indifferent, gladly accepted :wink: :D

Thanks for looking

Mark & Mrs Woody :D

Looks good, but down here in the SW we have had the best July weather for 32 years. Its has been so hooooooooooooooooot and drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry

DW - Much as I love and admire you............................... :twisted: :wink:

Mark :wink:

You Southern softies! :wink: We have not had a day above 22 degrees and only 3 totally dry days in July! That's the price we pay for living in Gods country..........or St Swithens country for that matter ..... :wink:

Mark :D

Nice conversion Woody... Although if you got all your tools in an 8x6 shed, with room left over for inconsequentials like potting and gardening, you can't have many tools. Dear ol' Mike G would love you for that! :lol:

Nice job mate and power to your elbow.

John :wink:

Back