My next car

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it might be running a bit rich

images

The scariest experience I ever had in a car was being driven around the Périphérique (that's in Paris :mrgreen:) in a 2CV who's driver was weaving in and out and changing lanes completely oblivious to the mayhem around him.

I had a Citrœn Diane for a couple of years when I was employed (I didn't say working!) as an IBM hardware service eng. Doing about 20,000 miles a year. To help I had a GT upgrade on it, castors on the door handles. It stops lots of drag on roundabouts and corners in general. I gave a mate a lift one day and we went round a big roundabout in Gloucester quite quickly. He was silly enough to look out of his side window and he said all he could see was the curb! No sense of humour. I never rolled it once!

Allen, I thought that Merlin Engine you had was powering your lathe! :lol: :lol:

Rog

myturn":budt2sv4 said:
The scariest experience I ever had in a car was being driven around the Périphérique (that's in Paris :mrgreen:) in a 2CV who's driver was weaving in and out and changing lanes completely oblivious to the mayhem around him.
Isn't that normal French driving then? :lol:

mailee":2ptrumdk said:
myturn":2ptrumdk said:
Isn't that normal French driving then? :lol:

It is for the Périphérique, SWMBO and me spent a very pleasant Saturday afternoon (with a bottle or wine) there traffic watching.
Apparently the technique is to floor it and just go for the gaps, if you chicken out it's game over.

Jonzjob":28l3pvah said:
Na! Not for me. I prefer the raw power of a 2CV. OH had one for 17 years and sold it a few daze before we moved over here and that had to be the best fun you could have on 4 wheels. Apart from my 1946 MGTC that is...

Some years ago I bought a DAF. 1972 , 44 model (twin drive belts)Twin cylinder :shock: in white. It was 18 years old when I bought it with only 18,000 miles. God I had some GREAT fun with that. Ah yes ..............I remember :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back