My £237 free gift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubleb

Established Member
Reaction score
Axminster CT330
I was given this machine for the price of a few pints (£30) so after a good clean, replace lost screws, check blades, thought I would fire her up and see what happens. All went well apart from the mess on my floor.
Thanks to the advice on here from Monkey Mark I bought a new hood (£22) the AWDE5002 dust extractor £129) 2m X 100mm clear hose kit (£45) couple of 100mm quick release hose clips £11) my new (to-me) machine has cost me £237.
Now for the test, have to say absolutely brilliant, very, very pleased. Put the hose on the band saw and even more pleased.
The extractor worked well until it clogged on the outlet so I removed both the inlet and outlet screw held ducts. As far as I can tell they are only there to stop you putting your hand into the machine like that European chap did.
330_zpsshys4frz.jpg
[/URL]

For many years as an amateur I made furniture in my garage, I had a bandsaw, a router, and the DeWalt version of this "lunchbox" thicknesser as my only machines.

I still managed to turn out an awful lot of good quality hardwood furniture that I'm still entirely happy with today. You really don't need half the kit that the magazines and websites would have us believe are essential!

marcros":5kx981uz said:
great machines arent they
They are indeed, I am still going for an all in one (AH106PT Planer Thicknesser) but a few other things need my money at the moment.

I agree with "custard" as you can see, I made a cover for my router table, extended the legs so it gives me a mobile platform for the 330. All my machines have to go against the wall. The back wall is taken up with my mobile work bench and I intend to hang the 5002 on the wall, out of the way. bb

Back