Mumbai.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

Established Member
Reaction score
I am saddened to see what's going on in India at the moment, it must be horrendous for those in the vicinity, however, I am at the same time sad to see what is happening to such a lovely building as the Taj palace, I have never been to India and did not realise that such lovely architecture was there, it reminds me of St Pancras station in London, I hope that India has the artisans to restore this building after all this evil terrorism is over (if it ever will be) such a needless loss of life and heritage, I understand it is an Edwardian building, how sad for the millions in Mumbai who have to contend with fanatics who know no other view than their own, now that's what I call bigotry, when will all this hatred end?

Regards,

Rich.

A TV programme a few weeks ago was about the Indian railways and specifically the Mumbai stations, if they repeat it Rich it's well worth a watch.

Roy.

I have not stayed at the Taj but have stayed at the Oberoi's in Delhi, Calcutta & Agra - all splendid hotels.
Dan Cruickshanks featured the Taj on a BBC series a while ago - it was built 105 years ago with all the splendours of a Maharajahs Palace, as that's where they used to stay.
There are plenty of Artisans still in India with lots of magnificent Buildings, Palaces, Temples, Tombs and Forts to work on.
Unlike some countries it is still quite easy to purchase really good quality hand crafted items rather than the usual tourist tat.
Among with other goodies, I brought back a silk rug depicting "The Tree of Life" made with 2000 threads per square inch! The back is almost as amazing as the front.
The descendants of the artisans who created the Taj Mahal are still based at Agra producing wonderful hand crafted in-laid marbles.
India is a wonderful country but sadly it has religious problems going back many years.

Rod

Back