morticer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciscoeuk

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all

i was wondering if someone could do me a favour, i would be very greatful,

i am in the process of building a new bench, details of build to be posted in projects soon

i am looking for someone localish to me that would allow me to use there mortice machine, i am based in Newark Nottinghamshire

i had one but had sell to a pay a debt, temp situation

i do intend to purchase a new one but not right now, that said if anyone has one they wish to sell i might be interested,

ideal purchase = Axminster AW16BMST Bench Morticer, anyone got a review on this?

i am an IT engineer so in return i will fix your computer update etc,

all the best

Hi Ciscoe,

If my workshop was properly usable, I would certainly allow you to use my morticer, inside. I am in West Mids, about 40 miles or so from you.

I am going to need some younger muscle shortly for a bench rebuild myself. So weather permitting, you are welcome to come over and do your morticing on my drive. No one takes any notice of me woodworking, and this isn't a noisy operation so you are welcome.

I ask in return is help in lumping Southern Yellow Pine across a circular saw and a Planer thicknesseser.

How does that sound?

Regards
John

Benchwayze":n79jixwg said:
Hi Ciscoe,

If my workshop was properly usable, I would certainly allow you to use my morticer, inside. I am in West Mids, about 40 miles or so from you.

I am going to need some younger muscle shortly for a bench rebuild myself. So weather permitting, you are welcome to come over and do your morticing on my drive. No one takes any notice of me woodworking, and this isn't a noisy operation so you are welcome.

I ask in return is help in lumping Southern Yellow Pine across a circular saw and a Planer thicknesseser.

How does that sound?

Regards
John

thanks john that would be grate, if you don't mind i would make a day of it i will help as much as you want i have several bench designs that i can give you, and pretty good machinist as well!

give me a few days to find the plans i will bring them with me!

send me you address and phone on pm and i will give a call to arrange a time and date

thanks for helping me out and atb

ric

I am in nottingham but I only have a fox machine if that does what you want you are welcome to come over

No probs Ric.

I see you had a much closer offer, so I leave it up to you.
Don't worry if you prefer to use facilities nearer home. I will quite understand!

I am building a smaller version of Chris Schwarz's Roubo bench BTW, with a quick release vice instead of a leg vice.

It's just the sheer weight of the timber that is going to be a problem for me, with my 'metal-mickey' knee!

regards
John :)

dannykaye":gu8qzviq said:
I am in nottingham but I only have a fox machine if that does what you want you are welcome to come over

thanks for the offer dannykaye

but i need 3/4 - 1" mortice free standing, timber are short but hefty

would be nice get some idea of size of machine photos would be nice? then i can judge

Benchwayze - if your offer still stands and meets my requirements then i will take u up on the offer, any way u need help with the machining, and i might get lucky with some offcuts LOL, that said i will still help you out John, if a very local offer came along, payment is afternoon tea & cake?

the only way this offer would change is if i got a mortice or someone very local to me, made me an offer

atb

ric

Hi Ric,

My morticer will cut 1/2" wide mortices max in one traverse. But of course the fence moves in and out, so that's the way I cut wider mortices than 1/2" .

Should be able to cope with the depth you need. It just means making cuts with one fence setting in all mortices. then moving the fence as necessary and making a second pass. Takes time but it does the job quicker than a Mallet and M/chisel.

The other way is to use a 1/2 router and a spiral up-cut bit, which again I can offer you use of.

HTH
Regards
John

:)

thats fine john

i have 12 to do they will be mark and ready to go, should not take to long, i hope

speak soon

ric

That's why I love this forum/site, people genuinely willing to help each other out. It's the way things should be. I hate it when people don't have time for each other.

Good work chaps, hope the bench/es turn out nice :)

goldeneyedmonkey":1bhy0c0q said:
That's why I love this forum/site, people genuinely willing to help each other out. It's the way things should be. I hate it when people don't have time for each other.

Good work chaps, hope the bench/es turn out nice :)

will be posting pics and build and the pdf for design once i get the time

Latest posts

Back