More pyrography...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does pyrography have a place on this forum?

• Yes

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

joiner_sim

Established Member
Reaction score
I am unsure if this forum is the right place for this kind of stuff so, please inform me on your opinion by voting and commenting so I know wether or not to continue posting this stuff on this forum.

This design was created using the computer and then transferred using tracing paper and mirror image printing.
DSC_0120.JPG

This rolling pin was just something picked up for cheap from the local shop for me to have a practise with.
DSC_0118.JPG

Please let me know on thoughts of this work and it being posted on this forum, thanks!

I see no reason why you should not post your work of this type here,it may not be to everyone's taste but that can be said of many things. personally i quite like it =D> =D> =D>

if pyrogrophy has no place on the forum then neither should any form of coloured / painted wood.
although not my preference, i do appreciate the work put into the pieces (i do also really like your sign ), it is just another form of decoration and embelishment.
so keep on showing us your work.
cheers
paul

I'm definitely up for seeing more examples of pyrography.

What tip did you use for the lettering? Was it one thick one or did you have to go over it several times?

You've definitely improved, the design is now quite clear and defined, not fuzzy like your first efforts.

Please continue, it's good to see something different, and also to see your progress.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement to continue posting this type of work to the forum, so I will continue to do so in the future also.

Heather, I used a pointed tip which was about 3mm round and filled in the lettering, as it was traced on in pencil originally. After that design, I did the rolling pin with a large thick, calligraphy type tip which was my first real go at using it, and found it burnt wonderfully, so now I really want to have a go at burning freehand with that tip. I hope it makes my lettering look like a pro's done it, but only practise will decide that.
Thanks, for the comment on the progress since my first piece. I definitely believe using different woods make a difference and think I'm going to stick with beech and other similar woods in the future.

Back