mobile broadband and home WIFI

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevel

Established Member
Reaction score
Here in Italy our ADSL is constantly dropping out. I have decided to go for a mobile dongle which should be more reliable and is portable. My question is, can I still set up a Wifi network at home or is this not possible? I know that the dongle plugs directly into the Pc via USB but is there a way of distributing the internet wirelessly,?

Steve

Hi Steve,

You can plug the dongle right into a wifi router and distribute.

Thanks for the advice. The 3 italia site is very interesting, and cheaper than the UK! (One of the few things that is, excluding vino and eating out of course).

My wifi router has no USB input, can I buy an adapter to be able to plug the dongle in?

Steve

Hi Paul,

Im on the Exec Commitee of the IWG so will be there ( working lol ! ) . You going along ? Nice to see people travellling over !

loz":9krgp0o5 said:
Hi Paul,

Im on the Exec Commitee of the IWG so will be there ( working lol ! ) . You going along ? Nice to see people travellling over !

Loz,

I hope so, I am usually in Kerry for the whole of September and the beginning of October, so I might stay on.

Kind regards

Latest posts

Back