ML8 alignment help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fx txy

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this game and have just acquired a Myford ML8 in VGC but the niggle I have is the headstock and tailstock are badly missaligned.
When put together the point of the tailstock centre is a good 3mm closer (to the user) and lower than the headstock centre.
I thought it would be pretty simple to undo the bolt located in the bed at the end of the tailstock and twist the bed to rotate.

However the bed is fixed very firmly in the headstock and refuses to move - I suspect it is locked in there somehow by a screw/bolt etc but can I find one ? no !

Any helpful hints gratefully accepted

Regards

Hi I have just picked up an old ml8 myself, I have found that I have some play on the tail stock and have to push it away from me and it then will be a lined up position, but to rotate the bed there are two locking grub screws under the head stock which you would have to slacken. To get at these you may have to take the head stock off the stand, although maybe you might just be able to reach up from under though the belt drive hole.

Latest posts

Back