Mitring box linings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
have just made my first box but sadly no pictures! Sorry. However, it had to be rushed and so when I made the linings for the box I just cut the ends square as I wasn't sure of the best way to mitre them.
Does anyone have any tips? I want to make some more but mitring the linings will be much neater.
In case I'm not using the right terms this was my construction - box made out of 3/8" ash in one piece and then sawn open on the bandsaw. Thin lining made from purpleheart about 2mm or so - 4 pieces cut to line the sides of the box bottom and protruding above the box top about 5mm to act as guide for the box lid to hold onto.
I felt that the purpleheart was a bit fragile to mitre on the tablesaw so i wondered how other people do it. My guess is a 45 degree shooting board.
Looking forward to insight!
Cheers
Stewart

I use a Mitre guillotine - but max' height of the mitre is 100mm.

In fact I use that old guillotine an awful lot - one end is set to square, the other to mitre - a great investment.

Chris

Mitre shoot for me every time for picture frames. Need to set the block on the board very accurately or mistakes in shooting the frame joints become compounded - Rob

Latest posts

Back