mitre saw laser guide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
Who has used one of these Irwin laser guides being advertised on ebay?
In the USA they are being sold for $30 but here they appear to being sold for £40+. Are they worth it???
I am on holiday at present and the wife is sick so I am left to amuse my self on the internet with an iBook and a very slow connection both of which are not usual for me.
Thanks for your help
Barry

Terry,

I don't have the Irwin guide unfortunately, but it does look quite an ingeneous design (I assume it attaches to the saw blade arbor, and therefore gives you a highly accurate line).

The one thing that would worry me is the auto-start feature - kind of implies that you have to run the saw to see the cut line. Generally I prefer not to be moving the timber around with my hands when the saw is running... :shock:

For what it's worth, I bought the following guide from Axminster:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/name/las...duct-Axminster-Mitre-Saw-Laser-Line-33339.htm

...which is probably not as accurate as the Irwin (too easy to knock out of alignment because you fit it to the blade guard) but quite cheap in comparison. It works OK for me.

Martin.

Back