Mirka Pad Saver

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prawn_Cracker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I've just bought a selection of grits for my Dewalt ROS. It's got the 150mm pad with 6 holes in it.

My question is do I need to use the pad saver between my sander and the sanding disc? I emailed Mirka and the reply was I shouldn't but there seem to be comments that they are a useful addition.

Can someone who has uses Mirka abrasives on their ROS tell me what they find is best? Previous to using Mirka I used Dewalt sanding discs with no issues, I bought the Mirka ones because they were reasonably priced but I'm now a bit confused.

Thanks in advance
Sent from my RM-846_eu_euro1_273 using Tapatalk

Hi

The pad saver is useful to save wear and tear on the pad (e.g. the expensive bit) rather than on the discs (which are cheap and designed to wear out). So the Mirka pad saver is designed for the Mirka sander rather than for desalt - this may be why they do not suggest you need it.

I do have the pad saver for my Mirka and it wore out after some very aggressive sanding using 40grit discs so in may case was well worth the money compared with replacing the pad.

Hope this helps

Tom

Its designed for aggressive use with Abranet type discs only.

Back