Mini tool review-- Bevel Box Digital Angle Gauge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christoph clark

Established Member
Reaction score
This has to be one of the most handy gadgets I own. There is nothing more frustrating than spending hours trying to set your mitre or table saw to the correct angle. This is what the catalogue says.

This handy digital angle gauge can give a reading from -180 degrees to +180 degrees. Featuring rare earth magnets, this mini digital protractor can be attached to saw blades and any other metal surface where the angle or bevel needs to be measured accurately. Offering a resolution of 0.1 degree, this gauge offers a precise reading of the angle being measured to +/- 0.1 degrees. The on board zero button allows the user to set the starting reference point. The large LCD display is easy to read and also features a battery status monitor so it is easy to tell when to change the 3V lithium button type battery, included. Essential for any table saw user, this gauge comes complete with a soft plastic storage pouch

For the price of only £25, which includes a black pouch and a battery, one would think this little gem might give an OK kind of reading. Read on to see the results.

The first thing you need to do is set it to zero.

P1000367.jpg

To test how precise the angle reading was I used a 90 deg. engineers square.

P1000370.jpg

Spot on. Next I tried it on 45 deg to be sure the last test was not a fluke.
P1000368.jpg

Spot on again. Well I was surprised.

I use this all the time to set my table saw to the correct angle but it can be used for many other things like fitting a satellite dish. All in all a great little gadget that works..

P1000369.jpg

yep I have the Wixey and it's a great time saver.

Back