Meddigns pillar drill M4 Mk2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad I found this thread, I shall be ordering one of those springs too :)

I wonder if one of you other M4 owners could do me a favour and measure the outer diameters of the 5 stepped pulley on the gearbox input shaft? The M4 I've bought has unfortunately had a 3 step pulley fitted that is wrong in just about every dimension possible.

Hi

I have checked mine quick hope it is of some help.

8d57ABVl.jpg

mZ1Cz5nl.jpg

by the way the spring I bought is still holding up, although the drill has not seen that much work.

Thanks for those measurements, if you get a chance could I trouble you to also measure the diameter of the other 4 pulleys on that stack? Or if easier the difference in diameter from one pulley to the next by just measuring the size of the lip if you see what I mean?

Thanks again

Good to hear the spring is still holding up :)

In case anyone else is looking for them the pulley outer diameters are as follows (all measurements in mm). These are the same for both the MK1 and MK2 M4. The diameters were carefully chosen by Meddings to keep the belt length consistent between ratios so you don't have to keep adjusting the belt tension which is a nice attention to detail :)

Motor pulley

Gearbox Pulley

Latest posts

Back