MDF SEALER

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/quote]

Yeah they have a pre-miller on their edgebander, state of the art by the looks of it take a look http://www.wrightscarpentry.com[/quote]

The trick is glue application and how you trim, the buffers are a bit of a gimic to be honest. I am sure the one shown and rest in the -£35k region can edge up to 60mm. I was told recently the market is applying 2mm finished edge tape but the Europeans are going for 1mm now to save costs.

Sheesh, all this about sealing some MDF boards. First apply some pva glue alang the edges with yir finger min, then thin down some mare pva wee a dod 'o' watter and paint ower thae boards...sorted
Cheers...bosshogg :D
A true friend stabs you in the front. Oscar Wilde :|

I just created a new post for the preparation tape that was mentioned above, we buy a white coloured one and edgeband it on directly ourselves.

Hmmm tricky one.

Yes the link to the paintable edge banding is helpful, even though 'tis you selling it - which isn't made crystal clear.
How ever, it's a useful link but, I think you've made your point now, any further links to it would definitely be spamming in my view.

bosshogg":30nyhhum said:
Sheesh, all this about sealing some MDF boards. First apply some pva glue alang the edges with yir finger min, then thin down some mare pva wee a dod 'o' watter and paint ower thae boards...sorted
Cheers...bosshogg :D
A true friend stabs you in the front. Oscar Wilde :|

That's OK if you're using Oil based paints I think, so far as I know, and as personal experience has shown, 'tis not a good idea if you're using water based ones, which, apparently, we will all have to before too long.

Back