Marmite - Love it or Hate it

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like Marmite?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Back in the early 80s, I went on a T.O.P.S coarse welding. About an hour before morning break someone would get your order (toast, several rounds), and take it to the canteen. By the time we got there the toast was soggy as hell (lovely). I used to roll up my toast and dunk it in my tea. Now that would have been nice with Marmite.

WiZeR":30o9us8q said:
going a step even further, I have had curry for breakfast and actually enjoyed it.

Cold chicken curry with chocolate roulade for breakfast after a party once - yum! :)

Marmite is utterly fabulous on toast, but vile in sandwiches - I blame the constant marmite sandwiches in my packed lunches at school for that.

hehe I actually meant the Curry was intentionally served for breakfast, not left overs.

Strangely, I couldnt stomach a curry the morning after eating it for dinner

Further to my previous comments on Marmite... I now fancy some! :roll: :twisted:

Colin C":y7k56gkg said:
Please dont get me started on dates :sick: =; :wink:

What's wrong with dates :? Suppose you don't like figs either. I have a fig tree in the garden so I can eat fresh ones now 8) 8) Yummy :D

Paul

Paul Chapman":42obtcx2 said:
Colin C":42obtcx2 said:
Please dont get me started on dates :sick: =; :wink:

What's wrong with dates :? Suppose you don't like figs either. I have a fig tree in the garden so I can eat fresh ones now 8) 8) Yummy :D

Paul

Well Paul,
You can see right through me as I dont like figs but the rest of the family do =; :wink:

Ah, Lidl marmalade - Excellent, even better on sausages (spilt ,but not cut, down the middle) with a soft poached egg and a couple bits of potato bread. Yummy.
Marmite never really took off over here, thank goodness.

I discovered another wonderful tasty way to have marmite this year. Tomatoes straight from the greenhouse sliced up onto bread with a decent layer of marmite on it. absolute heaven :D
Drew

love it, but fave sarnie at the mo is jam on compo cheese,
[well actualy been so for years - army thing ]
:( down to my last half dozen tins.
So if anyone knows a supplier of Ratpacks I'd love to know :) :oops:

Marmite never tried it never will
Can't get past the revolting smell so assume it tastes as bad as it smells :shock: :shock:

Andy

andys wood shed":44kbouua said:
Marmite never tried it never will
Can't get past the revolting smell so assume it tastes as bad as it smells :shock: :shock:

Andy

Andy

You have it in one :sick:

WiZeR":2plf5o3g said:
going a step even further, I have had curry for breakfast and actually enjoyed it.

Pah!

My best hangover breakfast was half a left-over pepperoni pizza with warmed up chicken vindaloo spread on top.

Lovely!

Back