Marmite - Love it or Hate it

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like Marmite?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dedee

Established Member
Reaction score
Rather than further hijack a very informative thread on sharpening methods I thought I'd ask the question here.
Much to the wife's derision I've managed to get all 3 of my daughters hooked on the stuff.

Best in a sandwich with cucumber (wait several hours to allow the juices to soak the marmite into the bread) or watercress.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I would be on the side of your wife with this one as I hate the stuff but my wife and kids like it :sick: =; [-(

I'm unique.... up till age about 20 used to absolutely loathe the stuff. Make me retch and everything. Then.. after a particularly nasty hangover, got a sudden urge to have some with cheese. Being a convert ever since. Love it now. Even got jnr eating it, albeit in tiny amounts on toast. So it is possible to jump the fence!

Adam

PS particularly random thread!?

Colin C":civxhtn9 said:
Hi Andy,

I would be on the side of your wife with this one as I hate the stuff but my wife and kids like it :sick: =; [-(

I'm exactly the same as Colin C - in a minority in my household

I voted for like, but tbh I haven't had it in about 15yrs. I can't say I miss it either. I'd rather have peanut butter on my toast.

WiZeR":38jcwx07 said:
I voted for like, but tbh I haven't had it in about 15yrs. I can't say I miss it either. I'd rather have peanut butter on my toast.

Now there is some thing that I do like ( peanut butter :D ) and have done since I was a kid, plus try it with a little honey on top too :wink:

Oh dear, let the schism commence.

Now don't all go "yuck", but once in a while I have a sudden fancy for Marmite and honey. Yes, together. Hey, if you can have sweet and sour sauce... Used to have a cat with an addiction to brown bread soaked in Marmite gravy too. We're a very weird family... 8-[

Cheers, Alf

Marmite - Love it :D The debate raging in our house however is Salad Cream (food of the Gods) or that yucky icky watered down stuff called mayonnaise (ick) Guess which side I'm on :wink:

Also love peanut butter but it has been banned since we found the little one has an allergy to wheat, oats and definately nuts. Has to carry an epi pen at 6 months old and have been told if he even shows any sign of anaphalaxis its better to break his leg getting the pen into him than being too gentle. How scary is that going to be! Hence not even a sniff of peanut butter until he leaves home :roll:

Still, salad cream on pasta and cheese is a worthy stopgap 8)

Steve.

Chris (waterhead) put me onto the king of combinations: Marmite AND peanut butter. I have it for breakfast most mornings unless I fancy a change, in which case I substitute bovril for marmite. Marmite and strawberry jam is also excellent.

Cheers

Tim

tim":2t35nqq3 said:
Marmite and strawberry jam is also excellent. Cheers Tim

Going further OT, I've got an uncle that has strawberry jam on kippers. :sick:

Adam

going a step even further, I have had curry for breakfast and actually enjoyed it.

tim":8fou8igm said:
Chris (waterhead) put me onto the king of combinations: Marmite AND peanut butter. I have it for breakfast most mornings unless I fancy a change, in which case I substitute bovril for marmite. Marmite and strawberry jam is also excellent.

Cheers

Tim

Tim

I think you are not well :roll: :wink: :shock:

As you have mention the two spreads I hate ( use to have a bovril drink in the winter when I first started work :sick: ), but marmite and peanut butter [-X :wink:

Ps My wife says she does not like marmite but still eats it :? :shock:

Adam":1id2tedb said:
Going further OT, I've got an uncle that has strawberry jam on kippers. :sick:
Adam

I thought we agreed years ago that it was not possible to be OT on an OT post - a bit like a double negative ie OT remarks on an OT post must actually be OT (that's On Topic) which in an OT post must be OT (On Topic)

Andy (been to the pub now looking for marmite =P~ )

WiZeR":p2ne5dj0 said:
going a step even further, I have had curry for breakfast and actually enjoyed it.

WiZeR,

Like nothing is off the menu for breakfast as far as I am concerned and curry
is a good start first thing or chinese :D

dedee":2cxot90y said:
I thought we agreed years ago that it was not possible to be OT on an OT post - a bit like a double negative ie OT remarks on an OT post must actually be OT (that's On Topic) which in an OT post must be OT (On Topic)
My head hurts and I can't even work out if saying that is on topic or off...

Marmite & Cheddar cheese in thick (1"+)farmhouse bread, loads of butter is a must.

Marmite in Baked beans, you've never lived if you aint tried it. :lol:

WiZeR":2rwm6rkf said:

You know that a good curry lasts at least three days, good remedy in the morning for a fluffy head from to much necter.

I really dislike Marmite, peanut butter and curry :sick: :sick: :sick: My current favourite for breakfast is thick wholemeal toast, butter (but let the toast go cold so it doesn't melt the butter) and jam or marmalade. At the moment I am into Lidl mixed fruit jam or marmalade - really nice. I bought six jars of their jam and two jars of marmalade yesterday :D That should last me till the end of next week :shock: :lol:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Back