Mafell MT55CC

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNight

Established Member
Reaction score
Going to get the mafell MT55CC plunge saw tomorrow, after selling my KSP55 because i now need 110v tools. Was torn between this one and the Festool TS55 but i'm going for the mafell because it has more power, you get a 1.6m rail instead of a 1.4m and it also has a couple of extra features that the festool doesn't, notably, the scoring function and -1 degree cut. I will let everyone know what it performs like when I get to use it in the next week or so. Anyone else got one?

SNight":ha9dcjbs said:
Going to get the mafell MT55CC plunge saw tomorrow, after selling my KSP55 because i now need 110v tools. Was torn between this one and the Festool TS55 but i'm going for the mafell because it has more power, you get a 1.6m rail instead of a 1.4m and it also has a couple of extra features that the festool doesn't, notably, the scoring function and -1 degree cut. I will let everyone know what it performs like when I get to use it in the next week or so. Anyone else got one?

Yes please keep us posted on this one

Received the saw yesterday from D&M Tools. Axminster, A One tools, and Miles tools and Machinery all out of stock on 110v.

First impressions are very good, heavier than the KSP55, but has a lot more features. As to be expected it seems very well made, and very comfortable to handle. I got a 32 tooth and 48 tooth blade included with the saw, going to put the 32 tooth in and save the 48 tooth for finer work for now.

Used it today for ripping up some 6" x 1" into 3/4" strips for plant on's, onto door frames, and also for trimming the bottoms of some fire doors. Very quiet and really smooth. Little awkward at first having to plunge it every time, but it very quickly becomes easy and natural. Used the scoring function for trimming the doors and it didn't chip the veneer at all, and the veneers on fire doors are very thin and brittle.

So, very pleased up to now. Got some kitchens to fit next week, so will let you know how it performs on them.

Back