lurem maxi 260 or startrite k210

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
i've owned my lurem maxi 260 for around three years and had no major problems with this kit but just been given a startrite k210 which one should I opt for I have a 5mtr square work shop I have just built so would like to stick with a combination machine which I can move out of the way just looking for advice if anyone can help all advice would be appreciated
cheers

I've just googled the startritek210 and ukwoodworker (If I'm allowed to say that) have a write up of the history of the company.
Suggest, you Google them and see you're self , It maybe that no one on here has experienced either one.
HTH, Regards Rodders

Thanks for the reply the thing pushing me towards the startrite is the cast iron beds throughout but the lurem maxi 260 or record as we know it has steel pressed beds so may go with the Robland startrite
Cheers

A friend has a startrite, planer thicknesser, bought it about 15 years ago, it'e been trouble free, well made.and you can rebate off the cutter block, as the bearing is recessed,which is very useful
I sometimes change the blades for him, in exchange for a bit of welding etc.
So for that reason, I'd be inclined to find other owners perhaps on other forums, if necessary, and check it out, and the others, of course, Regards Rodders

cheers for that never used the planer as a rebater always used spindle moulder but will let you know the best result from making a door frame rebate
Thanks a lot, Chris

Back