Lobster push toy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Brubaker

Established Member
Reaction score
This one caused me problems. I should have used a heavier species for the body & lighter species for the claws. It worked as intended on carpeting but not on tile or hardwood. On the latter smooth surfaces the drive wheels would simply skid along unable to open the claws. What to do ??? Dug around in a junk drawer & found two 1/2" wide elastic bands. Glued to the wheels improved traction & now the claws work as intended. The second problem is that the claws when they dropped closed really banged. Guaranteed to drive some mommy nuts in short order. Sooo I glued a piece of sticky backed insulation tape to the roof of the mouth of the claws. End of Bang...bang..bang replaced by minor thump...thump.
This toy will go with the others for distribution at Christmas.

Lee

Lobster.jpg

Lee Brubaker":wpfdsu9v said:
This one caused me problems. I should have used a heavier species for the body & lighter species for the claws. It worked as intended on carpeting but not on tile or hardwood. On the latter smooth surfaces the drive wheels would simply skid along unable to open the claws. What to do ??? Dug around in a junk drawer & found two 1/2" wide elastic bands. Glued to the wheels improved traction & now the claws work as intended. The second problem is that the claws when they dropped closed really banged. Guaranteed to drive some mommy nuts in short order. Sooo I glued a piece of sticky backed insulation tape to the roof of the mouth of the claws. End of Bang...bang..bang replaced by minor thump...thump.
This toy will go with the others for distribution at Christmas.

Lee

i really like that..
i may have a go at making one.

Lobster.jpg

Back