LN blades pre-ruler tricked?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunbarhamlin

Established Member
Reaction score
Have started prepping my replacement replacement 140 (the first was LH though perfect, the second RH but a dog), and find the blade looks like it has already been ruler tricked :shock: :x :twisted: :evil:
Did I just get (un)lcky, or are they now doing this on purpose? Don't remember my LA block being so aff[li|e]cted.
Just curious, since it should be sorted in another half hour or so (no longer to sort than an AI chisel - well, mostly.)
Cheers
Steve

Don't know about the blades I'm afraid Steve but I'm interested to know what made the other plane a dog??

Cheers

Oo - 'twas just a harumph after the tortuous acquisitive tr[ai|ia]l :)
It took maybe another twenty mins to remedy using your movements working up through my water stones (bar the ruler trickery) (so much less than some AIs - one of which will be seeing some 80 grit tomorrow when I find the spray mount.)

Concur that LN (and the UK distributors I'm aware of) offer superb after sales - no worries on that front.

The issue with the the original RH 140 was a buckled removable side, so it wouldn't come off readily - it just went back in its box for return when I'd confirmed it wasn't my eyes playing up, and was replaced without question.

The new one works like a charm - another fave tool.

Cheers
Steve

Back