Liverpool football

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doorboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I may be sorry I opened this up, but here in the Lone Star State, we're reading about how Tom Hicks is fouling up a proud Liverpool Club. Over here, he owns two professional sports franchises--the Major League Baseball Texas Rangers, and also the National Hockey League Dallas Stars.
The Rangers are in the cellar year after year after year, yet the Stars are one of hockey's most successful franchises.
He can be a very frustrating team owner because he seems only concerned about the profit/loss part of ownership--at the expense of the fans desire to WIN.
I'm just curious to hear an opinion or two from that side of the Atlantic.

I stopped going to football matches in the 1950's

regarding Hicks & Gillette who bought out the shareholder of Liverpool FC, the opinion of the LFC fans here seems to be they are very untruthful men, they promised all sorts when they took over, from all accounts, the fans are saying it was the biggest load of rubbish they have ever heard, the club now carries £350 million debt, so it seems it never cost hicks & Gillette any real money,

The fans have made their feelings Known by demonstrating at the matches banners with the word "YANKS GO HOME"

There is a buyer who is wants to buy them both out, they could sell out now and make £40 million each

Latest posts

Back